Banana Moon Day Nursery is made up of individually owned and operated franchisees who register and trade as their own limited company and registration with their regulatory body under the brand name of Banana Moon Day Nursery. Each franchisee operates within their own exclusive territory.
Each franchisee who operates under their own limited company as detailed within the website footer will comply and handle data/information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any subsequent legislation on information handling and privacy.
Why collect personal information?
The main reason we collect and process your personal data is to provide, evaluate and improve our services and your experiences with us.
We limit the collection of personal information to what is necessary to provide you with high-quality services to support your specific needs and requests, and to meet our business needs in connection with the services. We do not sell your personal data to any third parties. Below we have highlighted the reasons for the collection of your personal information:
- To respond adequately to your requests for services or information;
- To provide a safe, healthy and successful environment for those to whom we provide services;
- To provide resource material/information regarding our services and areas of interest to our customers;
- To provide our services to our customers;
- To administer first aid, emergency and other medical care, when necessary;
- To comply with laws and government regulations/standards;
- To facilitate and process payments for the services we offer;
- For tax purposes and other financial requirements and obligations;
- To administer employee payroll, benefits, tax/regulatory compliance and other record-keeping and administration requirements;
- To consider applications for employment.
- For marketing and profiling purposes to improve and expand our services and offerings
How do you consent to the use of your personal information?
What personally identifiable information is collected?
The type of relationship you have with the nursery will determine the specific information they will need to collect from you.
Your social media username and public comments/feedback on social media are collected so that we can respond to comments, questions or feedback. These online and social media sites typically have their own privacy policies explaining how they use and share your personal data. You should carefully review those privacy policies before using these sites to make sure that you are happy with how they collect and share your personal data.
CCTV cameras may capture your image and your child’s images throughout the nursery day. Depending on the positioning of external cameras we might capture your car number plate.
We create records while providing services to you or your child such as notes from meetings/calls. Records created during the nursery day include the completion of forms recording activities and behaviours such as illness, sleep, nappy changes, meals, medication, learning, interactions with others, and accidents. We also take photographs of children to share with their parents and as part of their learning journey records.
If you are a prospective customer, we will collect:
- Contact information that you provide when requesting further information via telephone, email, online (website ‘Contact Us’ page or via a search engine such as daynurseries.co.uk) or in person. Contact information may include your name, telephone number, and email/postal address.
If you are a registered family, we will collect:
- Data such as your child’s full name and their date of birth, home address, and full details of parent/carers – full name, address, email address and National Insurance numbers; details of other persons with parental responsibility; contact numbers for those with parental responsibility; details of emergency contacts for when you are not contactable; your child’s dietary and medical conditions; and medical consents. Arrangements for payment of nursery fees. We obtain this information from your child’s ‘Secure My Place’ form, registration form, and ‘Settling In’ pack.
- those who apply for job vacancies with us or who send speculative job applications to us. We do this for employment purposes, to assist us in the selection of candidates for employment, and to support the running of the business. The personal data may include identifiers such as name, date of birth, personal characteristics such as gender, qualifications and previous employment history.
The personal data provided during an application process will be retained for a period of at least six months or, if required by law, for as long as is required.
This privacy notice does not form part of an employment offer or contract between us. If we make an employment offer to you, we will provide further information about our handling of your personal information in an employment context separately.
When do we collect your personal data?
How you interact with us determines when we collect your personal data.
When you use our websites, apps and social media:
- Visiting our website or engaging with us social media
- Contacting us for information or customer service
- Registering for a place.
When you contact or receive services directly:
- Contacting us for information or customer service on the telephone, email or in person
- Booking a visit or appointment for one of our services
- Registering for our services.
- While receiving services, completing electronic and paper forms, assessments and other documentation.
Information from third parties:
- If you receive government funding, we receive personal data from the government on your eligibility for the funding and other reporting identifiers.
- Government agencies may provide us with personal data to support their regulatory obligations or investigations.
- Third-party marketing companies provide us with contact details for individuals who have consented to receive marketing materials. You have the right to opt-out of these communications at any time – please contact them directly.
When someone visits our websites, we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What legal basis do we rely on to process your personal data?
The privacy law in the European Union requires us to have a legal basis for processing personal data. Below is a list of the legal basis we rely on.
Consent: We rely on your consent to process your personal data in very limited circumstances such as when you provide personal data to receive publications (e.g. newsletters, brochures), information on events and news about our company and services. After you sign up to receive communications you have the right to opt out at any time.
Performance under a contract: Most of your personal data we process is necessary to perform our obligations under a contract we have with you. We can only provide the service to you or your child if you provide us with the personal data necessary to perform the contract.
Legal obligations: There are many laws that require us to process your personal data. We can only provide the service to you or your child if you provide us with the personal data required under law. Examples include childcare statutory regulations, safeguarding/health/safety regulations, tax and government funding regulations.
Legitimate interests: In some situations, we process your personal data to pursue our legitimate interests as a business. We will only process your personal data if our legitimate interests do not materially have an impact on your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms.
- If you are a prospective, current or former customer, using your contact details to follow up either by email, post, telephone or in person to obtain your feedback on our service offering, reasons for choosing or not choosing our services and your experiences with our company.
- If you are a prospective, current or former customer, using your email address to send you our newsletters and new/enhanced service updates. You have the right to opt out of receiving these communications at any time.
- Combining the demographic information of our customers such as postcodes, number of children and children’s ages to identify customer trends and new locations.
- Using CCTV cameras/footage to assist with crime prevention, monitoring our policies/procedures, training and development, internal and external investigation/proceedings and law enforcement activities.
- Recording calls to the franchisor, Banana Moon Day Nursery Limited, to assist with monitoring our policies and procedures and identifying opportunities for training and development.
Where do we store your personal data?
We will input your data into an online nursery management system, which helps us manage our nursery smoothly. Your data is held in secure data centres and can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
The original copy of personal information we collect is stored within the nursery or another secure identified location subject to regulatory body approval if space is limited.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We consider your personal data confidential and therefore we will not share any identifiable information about you with third parties without your consent unless the law allows or requires us to do so. There are limited circumstances that require us to disclose your personal data to others in order to deliver services, or to meet our legal obligations or legitimate business interests.
- Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy assets. Personal data relevant to the nursery may be transferred as part of the transaction.
How long do we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected and as required under law. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
What rights do you have over your personal data?
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels or all channels)
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
In cases where we are processing your personal data based on our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant data protection regulator for the UK – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
If you would like to find out more about our data retention policy and how we use your personal data, you want to see a copy of the information about you that we hold or have any questions or issues regarding data, please contact us with the subject “Data Protection Request”
Add an email address and a postal address here
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the respective contracts we have entered into with you or we may be prevented from complying with our respective legal obligations to parents.
If you have any further questions regarding how we collect and handle your data, please do not hesitate to contact the Nursery Manager at your local Banana Moon Day Nursery.